1. At no point will your e-mail address, contact information, or any personal information ever be sold or communicated to any individuals outside of our organization. All information is kept confidential.
2. Parents are required to monitor any and all correspondence that passes between their children and Mr. Lux.
3. Mr. Lux will honor any and all parent requests in regard to the student’s writing instruction, so long as such requests do not violate any Lux Writing Center policy.
4. Mr. Lux responds to student and parent messages within 24 hours of receiving the messages. The only exceptions to this are weekends, holidays, and unpredictable emergencies (power outages, personal emergencies, etc.).
5. At no point will Mr. Lux speak to a student or parent on the phone or meet in person. All correspondence and programs are carried out through email.
6. Students may not send pictures of anyone or anything to Mr. Lux.
7. Mr. Lux will not comment on a student’s or parent’s religious or political beliefs, though he may certainly assist students with papers which deal with religious and/or political subjects.
8. If you take a break from the course (as in the case of a vacation or emergency) without asking for your course to be suspended while you are away, we will not add your break-time to the end of the course. We offer courses of varying lengths of time so you can plan the course around your schedule. Personal emergencies are of course an exception.
9. A course that encompasses the weekdays during the Christmas holiday will have those days “tacked” onto the end of the program. Other holidays (Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.) are not added to the end of the course.
10. Lux Writing Center is closed on the following holidays.
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving (Thursday and Friday)
- Christmas (December 24th through January 1st)